Tips & News
Summer salad with roast potatoes, ideal with barbecue dishes
This roast potato salad excels in simplicity and taste. The sour cream, crunchy walnuts and velvet raisins provide the perfect balance between sweet, sour and savoury. Enjoy with all your senses! Gilles Draps went to work for Renson in the Renson Concept Home, and conjured up delicious summer-proof dishes onto the table, including roasted potatoes with a sour cream dressing and a grilled côte à l’os with anchovy butter [add link]. Incidentally, did you know that you can simply roll your barbecue on wheels under your Camargue Skye patio canopy? Very handy in case of an unexpected summer shower.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 kg potatoes, well-scrubbed
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
- 100 g sour cream
- 100 g whole yoghurt
- A handful of walnuts
- A handful of raisins
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Some ‘Cornabria blossom’ & small yellow violets for the finish
- Black pepper and salt
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven with the grill function, or prepare a deep dish for the barbecue.
- Cook the potatoes with the peel for 10 minutes in salted water, until they are almost ‘al dente’.
- Drain the potatoes and cut them into rough pieces. Place the potatoes under the grill in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or in a deep dish on the barbecue, together with a generous dash of olive oil, garlic and pepper and salt.
- Meanwhile, mix the sour cream and whole yoghurt and season with salt and pepper. Cover the bottom of a shallow dish with this mixture.
- Roast the walnuts golden brown in a pan without using any oil.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat (or from the oven). Stack them on the sour cream and sprinkle with walnuts and raisins. Dress with fresh thyme and some Cornabria blossom flowers.
Serve together with the roasted côte à l’os and anchovy butter. Simple, but oh so delicious!
Discover the full video from Gilles here:
Renson invited 3 influencers to the Renson Concept Home to introduce them to the Renson Outdoor experience: Gilles Draps, Inge Moerenhout and Steffi Vertriest. Interested in the other articles? Click here for more outdoor living inspiration.