Outdoor living has gradually established itself in our lives over the past ten years. More and more people are bringing the outdoors indoors and the indoors outdoors, with a patio roof, a garden room, a contemporary pergola or a Renson pavilion.
This kind of outdoor room not only means a widening and upgrading of a home. The economic added-value of an outdoor living space is a nice side-effect of the other benefits that outdoor living offers. After all, a patio room is always bathed in a completely different, relaxed atmosphere.
Many people have discovered the advantages of a so-called ‘staycation’ during the summer months. They would rather spend quality time in their own house and garden than endure the hassle and stress of mass tourism. A foreign break often turns out to be much more pleasant in the low season. Creating your own relaxing paradise for the warm summer months offers a very pleasant alternative. And, naturally, this includes a beautifully decorated garden room!
You can see a number of pleasant outdoor living trends nowadays. Most new outdoor-room features have to do with added atmosphere. We’ve listed them below:
- Outdoor fireplaces: fire pits in the garden have made way for a fixed fire element in the outdoor room or under the canopy. A built-in fireplace in an outdoor ‘salon’ is the perfect way to combine the best of both worlds: the cosiness of being indoors with the freedom of the outdoors. Watching the flames under the open slats and a starry sky is pure enjoyment.
- Water features: a stylish water feature provides both an aesthetic relaxation point and a pleasant sound. In the evening, an illuminated waterway provides an additional visual and festive accent.
- Outdoor kitchen: thanks to a fitted kitchen, the host or hostess can cook outdoors, close to their table companions. The latest outdoor kitchens are not only fitted with a barbecue, but also with a grill plate, stove, pizza oven and refrigerators. And, of course, also a worktop with high stools, which is really great for aperitifs.
- Original lighting: it’s not only indirect light that works well in a garden room or modern gazebo. Stylish floor lamps and table lamps also create atmosphere and cosiness. A long dining table with table lamps under the open slats is really enjoyable.
- Wine wall: the absolute ultimate for bon vivants who like to entertain friends is an outdoor room with a wall of wine racks and wine refrigerators. For some people, this also includes a humidor, a special cupboard for cigars. Unforgettable evenings guaranteed!